How can I find and access mental health treatments and services?

Decisions regarding the admission, treatment, and care of people with emotional problems are made at the local and State levels, so the types of available services, and how those services are funded, vary by State. Your doctor or someone at your local mental health center can refer you to a licensed therapist who is registered and affiliated with his/her same professional association. This Mental Health Services Locator may also be of help:

Info Corner