What can I do if I feel my employer, or a potential employer, has discriminated against me because of my mental disability?

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a legal tool to fight discrimination. Any person who believes he or she has experienced employment discrimination based on a psychiatric disability has a right to file an administrative “charge” or “complaint” with theU.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or with a State or local anti-discrimination agency. Such individuals also may file a lawsuit in court, but only after filing an administrative charge. For information on how to file a discrimination charge, the publication Filing an ADA Employment Discrimination Charge: Making It Work for Youmay be helpful. 

Info Corner